Welcome to WoodKeys.click. Check out our full lineup of wood cases, built specifically for popular keyboards. If a case for your board is not available , or you require some unique features, contact us about a custom design.
We also do custom CAD design, PCB design and testing, and just about anything else related to keyboards that you can imagine. If you want something designed, please drop us a line.
Follow me on Twitch for notifications
This is a 5 episode weekly live stream to design and build a keyboard from scratch. I will start with a layout, refine that using KLE, then design the PCB using KiCAD and the case using Fusion 360. These will then be built and assembled on the stream.
2 hours each week, Mondays 9-11pm CDT – April 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- Week 1: Layout in KLE and PCB design.
- Week 2: Case design in Fusion 360. Will include CAM tool paths and rendering if time permits
- Week 3: PCB assembly. SMD components will be soldered using a stencil to apply solder paste and an electric griddle to reflow the PCB.
- Week 4: Machine the case from wood using a CNC router. Sand the case, apply initial coat of finish.
- Week 5: Complete case and final assembly, programming, and testing.