I saw a recent post on /r/AnnePro from a new user reporting problems with their LEDs when the screw near the right shift was installed. I had my case open tonight to take some measurements (for my upcoming wood case), and I figured I would take a look.
Sure enough, on the bottom side of the PCB I found that there is a trace running directly beside that mounting hole that controls several of the LEDs. Notice the brass standoffs have scratched the soldermask around the hole and slightly uncovered the trace.
This would certainly explain the behavior the reddit user was seeing. Honestly, due to this placement, I’m surprised there aren’t more reports of issues. I would highly recommend anyone having issues with their LEDs to take a look at their board for similar issues. I believe that adding some of the insulating washers that you typically see with PC motherboards should do the trick. The mounting screws are 2mm though, so those would likely be too large. Something like these should work though.