Follow me on Twitch for notifications
This is a 5 episode weekly live stream to design and build a keyboard from scratch. I will start with a layout, refine that using KLE, then design the PCB using KiCAD and the case using Fusion 360. These will then be built and assembled on the stream.
2 hours each week, Mondays 9-11pm CDT – April 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- Week 1: Layout in KLE and PCB design.
- Week 2: Case design in Fusion 360. Will include CAM tool paths and rendering if time permits
- Week 3: PCB assembly. SMD components will be soldered using a stencil to apply solder paste and an electric griddle to reflow the PCB.
- Week 4: Machine the case from wood using a CNC router. Sand the case, apply initial coat of finish.
- Week 5: Complete case and final assembly, programming, and testing.
The result of this project is the Shadrach keyboard. Check it out and order a custom version now.